Monitor known mobile devices connected to LAN via Wi-Fi and control action rules such as “do not record on motion if authorized individuals (detected by their mobile device) are present”.
Presence Me is an Axis camera plug-in service that can detect if network devices are present on the LAN, typically mobile phones connected via Wi-Fi. The service generates an event when a user configured IP address is responding. The event is typically used as an additional condition in action rules to control action execution.
- Monitor multiple network devices (any type of device with an IP address)
- One unique event per device
- When any device in the list is connected
- When any device is disconnects
- Low camera CPU consupmtion
- Mobile device tends to disconnect in idle mode to save battery, especially iPhones. Note that Wi-Fi is always on while the device is charging.
- Mobile device IP address may change if DHCP is used. If this causes problems it is recommended to configure the router to use fixed IP addresses for these devices.
- Camera platform: ARTPEC-4/-5 (MIPS) & AMBARELLA (ARM)
- Camera firmware: 5.60 or later